The Principal Information Architect provides thought leadership on technology solution design across Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Technology. The Principal Information Architect leads Technology Solutioning activities on highly complex, strategic projects or programs. The Principal Information Architect identifies, plans, and coordinates a set of related technical activities on multiple projects within a program, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies. The Principal Information Architect maintains a strategic view of future state technology over a set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives. The Principal Information Architect leads the mentoring and coaching of other technical experts and leads the development of best practices for the organization. The Principal Information Architect leads business engagement and stakeholder management activities, and ensures the required outcomes are built, tested, and delivered for multiple large and complex projects.
- Work with Business and Technology teams to define data and analytics needs, and architect strategic solutions to meet those needs
- Hands-on delivery of reusable components and frameworks for projects, proof-of-concepts, and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Support delivery teams to ensure that solutions align to strategic design principles and approved reference architecture.
- Perform industry research for best practices in architecture and data management for current initiatives and proactively share this information as applicable with other members of the team.
- Research leading edge technologies for future projects and use cases related to Cloud and Big Data platforms and tools, analytics and reporting and Machine Learning
- Advises and makes recommendations on emerging trends which will be useful to the business, IT, and the entire segment in the delivery of future projects.
- Ensuring quality business and technical requirements for large and highly complex projects.
- Identifies interdependencies across projects in support of specific business strategies.
- Works with the Project Manager to identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies.
- Resolves questions related to requirements or process.
- Delivers the required documentation during each stage of the project.
- Provides input into the RFI and RFP for third party/hardware/software selection, and assists in the assessment of responses against requirements.
- Expert experience designing data, reporting, and analytic solutions with demonstrated exposure to AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Kafka and languages such as Python or JAVA
- Experience with Machine Learning implementations
- Demonstrated ability to become an established and trusted advisor with business and technology audiences.
- Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Architecture, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science implementations.
- Demonstrated experience across all phases of the information management project lifecycle – from requirements to implementation and data collection to end-user consumption
- Experience presenting technical concepts and solutions to business and technology stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field