Supporting the Disney Advertising Sales organization within our new Direct To Consumer & International (DTCI) segment, the Data Science & Analytics team are subject matter experts in each of the following areas:
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things.
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Data Science & Analytics team as a data scientist. In this role, you will be responsible for driving improvements across DTCI’s portfolio of offerings by using data. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, you will develop, drive, and oversee new strategies to ensure the growth of the business and the overall bottom line.
- Perform business intelligence analysis and data mining on large, complex data sets to understand user behavior across the portfolio.
- Help grow a multichannel advertising technology capability by leveraging internal and external datasets to expand our reach within and across platforms.
- Build predictive models and algorithms to optimize products.
- Develop new tools, statistical models, and analysis processes to improve how data is used across the organization.
- Distill and socialize insights across all levels of DTCI, as well as other segments of The Walt Disney Company to help drive decision making.
- Design, analyze, and present results from controlled experiments to test hypotheses and improve best practices across the organization.
- Through industry research, ongoing education, and practical experience, become a leading subject matter expert in digital user behavior, monetization, and engagement.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with digital products across various business models.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Proven ability in predictive analytics and modeling
- Strong experience with writing SQL to extract and manipulate data at the source (experience with Hive/Hadoop/cloud data platforms a plus)
- Experience with R, Python, or other statistical computing packages
- Experience building complex visualizations (Tableau, Looker a plus)
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working with social and web analytics and publishing platforms (e.g. Facebook Insights and Audiences) a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- B.A. or B.S. (MS, MBA, or PhD a plus) in a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar)