The Walt Disney Studios is comprised of large team of creative professionals who produce and acquire live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays that tell memorable, life changing stories. Few media and entertainment companies can rival the brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways for an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for A+ superstars who are also generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our organization is embracing disruptive thinkers who can drive software innovation.
You will be instrumental in building Studio initiatives in a scalable, extensible and easily maintainable way. We build and operate everything from the technology engine that keeps the Studio running to consumer applications that touch millions of people.
- Successfully deliver components and dependencies in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams to define and architect features and products
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed with the organization
- Participate in a network of technology professionals to share ideas, experiment and build experiences
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures, and other design elements
- Build systems that balance resources, requirements, and complexity
At a minimum we’re looking for the following in a candidate:
- Hands-on experience with at least some of the following: JAVA, AngularJS, Scala, REST, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Bamboo, Cucumber
- Agile proficiency
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of enterprise class solutions
- Passionate about technology and the possibilities that it opens up for users of our systems
- Forever student – someone who loves always learning
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Familiarity with entertainment industry is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
This position is with the legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios.