CIMA: Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Marketing center of excellence for Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Digital & Travel Operations Analytics team provides analysis across the primary modes used by Guests/clients for vacation discovery, planning, transacting, and management to enable decision making and optimization.
A Manager, who is an engineer at heart, is expected to lead projects, develop employees, drive change, and have a passion for learning new technologies that help improve our organization. As the flood of digital information increases, the Manager of Data Services leads a team of engineers to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce support costs of our data and analytics applications. The Data Services team works within a DevOps culture and agile environment, which seeks continuous improvement for big data analytics and business intelligence.
- An advisor and technology authority to the business segments and third parties related to big data analytics, business intelligence and application support & services.
- Expert negotiator and business oriented person that consistently models strong outward behaviors through a professional presence and thought leadership.
- A mentor and coach to the technical team ensuring they are properly positioned to succeed.
- Maintain a spirit of execution and value creation that drives continuous improvement in process, behaviors, technology implementation and delivery mechanisms for all aspects of our data and analytics applications.
- Design and lead the implementation of highly scalable software systems and applications in a variety of high traffic functional areas such as e-commerce, account management, big data analytics, and business intelligence.
- 10+ years’ experience in technology disciplines.
- 3 years or more experience leading a team directly
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem, Docker, Git and Kafka.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other IaaS platforms.
- Hands on experience with computer programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, and SQL).
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Understanding of DevOps, Test Driven Development, Agile Methodologies, SDLC and Continuous Integration.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL datastores and their applicable use cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field