The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Direct-to-Consumer & International, Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a Sr. Integration Consultant role experienced in Python, SQL, database design, ETL/ELT implementations, SFTP, AWS S3 and nightly batch processing.
- This position will work closely with our MSI, Decision Science, Technology, Client and 3rd party data providers in the development and sustainment of solutions for our client(s).
- This individual will perform activities such as data requirements gathering, data validation scripting and review, database/schema design and implementation, ETL/ELT data processing from client and/or 3rd party data sources, building and monitoring daily batch update processes, and ad-hoc activities required by the projects.
- 4+ years of overall technology experience
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- 2+ years of expertise developing with Python
- 2+ years of expertise designing and implementing database schemas
- Experience and proficiency in developing ETL/ELT automated data transformation processes
- Experience with Github/Gitlab
- Hands-on experience promoting code and database schemas across multiple environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Prod, etc.)
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing automated data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Database Administration (DBA) development experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with project management tools, including Smartsheet and Version 1
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field