This position serves as the Application Developer and Program Manager for MIEMSS reporting to the Director of Data Services. This is a hands-on position providing experience and expertise in the design, programming, deployment, maintenance and management of mission critical systems. Programming efforts encompass designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools, developing and managing databases, and designing custom reports.
This position is responsible for all aspects of project implementation regarding initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing project phases.
- Developing and managing custom applications meeting agency mission specific needs;
- Understanding commercial off the self (COTS) applications and custom applications developed by third parties to develop custom reports or applications to access the data for end-users
- Developing/maintaining linkages between numerous databases housed in the agency's data center
- Working closely with agency leadership and EMS Operating Program leaders to understand data needs
- Applying project management best practices to application/system development and implementation projects
- Determining the operational and financial feasibility of developing systems and business processes
This position may be responsible to lead ad hoc teams on specific projects and for directing the work of contractors and consultants.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other Information Technology related field.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools
- Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
1 year Microsoft SQL Server Experience
1 year Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Experience
- C++/C# Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Experience
- One year of statistical analysis experience
- Data warehouse experience
- Microsoft Certified System Admin (MCSA)