The Senior Manager, Business Insights will be a driver and partner for analytics across the Disney Streaming Services business. The person will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insights and strategic guidance. They should be an experienced data and analytics leader with solid knowledge and experience with customized quantitative, qualitative and online analytics and research projects to enable business strategies and decision making. They must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting information to address specific business issues related to, but not limited to: product analytics, customer analytics, marketing analytics, new product releases, etc..
They should also be able to communicate key objectives and analytical findings to internal stakeholders and across Disney; to ensure appropriate data is incorporated in servicing their business needs.
- Partner with the Data, Product and Engineering teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information
- Lead measurement and data aggregation for multiple data sources
- Create data sets and collect subscription, watch, and clickstream data for KPI tracking
- Support various reporting needs via dashboards - including marketing performance and ROI from campaign analytics; subscription business including acquisition of new consumers, engagement and retention
- Influence and guide the build of predictive models and algorithms to effectively measure and optimize business performance
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
- Derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner and communicate key insights across all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of experience in an analysis, market research or consulting role
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with programming languages (SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Experience with advanced statistical data modeling and machine learning
- Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in consumer products, retail, publishing and digital products
- Experience in measuring marketing campaign effectiveness, defining and tracking KPIs.
- Experience with media reporting, subscription model and analytical support for user growth and retention
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to identify areas that data and analytics can add value to the business and translate business problems into solution-driven actions
- Ability to translate technical findings into actionable recommendations through easy to digest reports and presentations
- Ability to effectively partner across all levels and manage multiple projects with high standards
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced environment with the ability to empower others
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- BA or BS from in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar)