The AVP Data Science is responsible for implementing the design, development, deployment and maintenance of data based models and analysis. Leads a group of Data Scientists that are responsible for mining and analyzing complex datasets using advanced statistical methods for use in data driven decision making. The AVP Data Science leads in the production of research and analysis to quantify the impact of internal and external environments on portfolio performance. The AVP is the subject matter expert on performance through an in depth knowledge of quantitative methods and diligent knowledge of data sources.
This position is responsible for summarizing, reporting, and providing polished presentations of findings to a variety of internal clients as well as working with other departments to achieve the overall company objectives.
- Leads in conducting research projects, incorporate project design, data collection and analysis, summarizing findings, developing recommendations and effectively communicating to leadership the impact to the business.
- Builds technical knowledge to support research and analytic responsibilities
- Develops and applies algorithms or models to key business metrics with the goal of improving operations or answering business questions.
- Provides findings and analysis for use in decision making.
- Ensures that the delivered products meet the business needs of the company.
- Partners with and provide recommendations to business leadership on the appropriate application of analytics to business strategies and effectively communicate analysis and implications to senior leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Conform with all corporate policies and procedures
- MS Office required.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including the ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure
- Problem/situation analysis
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to Data Scientists
- 7+ years experience in modeling required
- 2+ years experience in management or comparable leadership role
- Experience presenting highly complex analysis to upper management required
- Python, R, and SAS programming required