The Boeing Company is looking for a talented results driven Senior Data Scientist with applied experience in the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to join our team in Bellevue, WA. The Senior Data Scientist will have the opportunity to lead a small team of highly talented data scientists building next generation enterprise products and services on the Boeing AnalytX platform.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have the chance to be part of building advanced predictive models and launch them into production, learn and apply modern machine learning techniques and see how AI and ML drives impact on Boeing. At Boeing, we are already making a difference across the industry using collective machine intelligence to deliver strong, rich and safer product experience to our commercial and government customers. We are expanding and growing in all areas in the frontier of aerospace industry. We are working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning, Neural network), Natural Language Processing and deep infrastructure. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to determine, define and deploy predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to identify and perform root cause analysis on adverse trends, by choosing best fit methods, defining algorithms, and validating and deploying models to achieve results.
- Lead a small team of data scientists to build products and services to delight our partners and customers.
- Analyze highly complex problems and deliver requirements specification, processing, analysis, deliverables and presentations.
- Work with partners and product managers to identify opportunities for improvements
- Own Data Science solution direction as well as the tactical execution to deliver results.
- Address partner pain points by building and deploying AI/ML products and services.
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to foster improvements, build culture, and best practices
- Coach and mentor team members to deliver cutting edge AI/ML solutions.
- Work with large and highly complex unstructured and structured data sets to conduct end-to-end analysis including data gathering.
- Conducting design, algorithm, and code reviews.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us to build the best in breed cutting edge AI and ML products in aviation industry for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Solid innovator who thinks out of the box and solve hard problems while navigating through ambiguity.
- Background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical acumen, excellent technical project management skills and stellar communication skills.
- Strong team player and passion to execute Data Science projects with practicality in mind.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., statistician, data analyst, data scientist, computational biologist, physicist, bioinformatician).
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership, self-direction, and willingness to coach others, learn new techniques and grow in field the of Data Science.
- Up-to-date industry and academic knowledge, and experience in building AI and ML models and bring in to full production use.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Scala.
- Experience in Text mining, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining, Deep learning, etc…
- Experience with machine learning related open source libraries including, but not limited to: Hadoop, Spark, SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, Theano, Weka etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience training machine learning models in a cloud computing environment such as: Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Octave, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Experience and knowledge in DevOps for Data Science.
- Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- Technical Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ of related work experience or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree or greater in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award