**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
This BI&A PRIME contract is seeking a Principal Database Engineer to join a team which is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This teams participates in technical research and development enabling continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensuring system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
Database System Engineer duties include:
- Provide Database System Administration to development, staging, and production environments.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for database administrations tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled job.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply patches and upgrades, upgrade database administration tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Technical Field may be substituted for 4 years’ experience.
- 15+ years’ experience performing and providing technical support to hardware, software, and applications.
- 7+ years’ experience providing technical guidance to mid-level engineering personnel.
- Experience developing technical documentation.
- Technical experience to include:
- Strong expertise with noSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience with SQL databases: Oracle, mySQL
- Linux systems administration skills, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java.
- Writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as Nagios, Kafka, or Cassandra.
- Knowledge of Java development process
- Network security experience: Access and authorization - PKI, chain trusting, Central Authentication System