Come join our Central Data Organization as Enterprise Data Architect!
You will be designing, building, iterating, and prototyping algorithms and applications on top of the collective financial data of 37 million consumers and small businesses. Applications will span multiple business lines, including personal finance, small business accounting, and tax!
Discover what it’s like to be part of a fast paced team dealing with challenging engineering problems where self-motivated engineers can do the best work of their life.
- Establishes the structure, connections, and relationships within the data in preparation for mining, modeling, or migration activities
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them “machine learning ready”.
- Explore new technology shifts in order to determine
- Take an active role in collaborating to develop strategic direction, systems roadmap, and business and operational processes by providing the required technical guidance.
- Execution – Ability to drive multiple large-scale projects in parallel by providing the required architectural guidance
- Hands On – Be prepared to get hands on and debug complex issues or create fully working POCs which teams can take forward
- Grow Talent – Grooms next level technical leadership and takes responsibility in growing overall technical leadership in the group
- Speed as a Habit – can operate in a fast-moving environment, make quick decisions and execute fiercely to deliver outcomes
- Deep Dive – Take passion in going deep into critical issues and apply the technical/process/mindset-change learnings back into the product and team
- Technical roadmap – Develop a 3-year technology vision for the owning product or sub-systems.
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals and engineering process improvements
- Drives architectural advancements in data pipelines
- At least 10+ years of overall experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area
- Experience in design and development of large-scale machine learning platforms from an engineering or product perspective (where the platform is the ‘product’)
- Strong knowledge of data governance and privacy by design
- Excellent communication skills with examples of influencing across organizations
- Ability to explain complex technical architectures and designs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and drive decisions
- Ability to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Knowledgeable with Data Science tools and frameworks (i.e. Python, Scikit, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, R, Spark).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (i.e. classification, regression, and clustering) and large scale systems and applications.
- Experience with building solutions to improve Developer Productivity and data-driven decisions
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation, etc.)
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment
- High adaptability and flexibility
- Experience driving for results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.