This position is for a research scientist in the Assembly and Test Technology Automation organization.
Specific responsibilities of the individual would be to:
- Developing innovative manufacturing systems solutions that are strategic and revolutionary in nature with a high degree of impact to Intel.
- Developing proof of concepts and initial pilots utilizing novel sensors (IoT), data mining and machine learning methods to solve novel and diverse manufacturing problems related to targeting a fully automated manufacturing environment.
- The individual is expected to work over a wide array of advanced manufacturing initiatives such as stochastic scheduling solutions, deep networks applications ranging from image processing to reinforcement learning, process modeling and control.
- Stay current with the latest developments in industry and academia in the field of advanced manufacturing
- Drive development of novel ideas and results that would result in patents and publications
- PhD in the field of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mechanical Engineering, or Statistics
- Expert in the field of applying optimization, data modeling and machine learning to solve technical problems
- Must have software development experience with scripting languages and software platforms related to advanced statistics, optimization, data mining/machine learning and visualization (ex. SQL, SAS, JMP, R, Python, CPLEX, C++)
- Knowledge of and experience with open source machine learning frameworks
- Experience in design and implementation of advanced analytical applications using complex algorithms and solving real life problems in manufacturing
- Thesis or research experience in topics related to analytical problems in areas such as data mining, pattern recognition, optimization, data-driven prognostics, fault diagnostics, artificial intelligence or machine learning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Other strongly desired characteristics:
- Ability to influence across organizations, proven collaboration skills, comfortable working with a very high degree of ambiguity, ability to make quick, informed decisions taking into account trade-offs
- Individual should be able to quickly learn and master different aspects of Intel's business to deliver coherent value, and is expected to continuously learn new areas of strategic research that would be impactful to manufacturing
- Exceptional attention to details and organizational skills
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.