The Global Billing & Payments (GB&P) Production System Analyst will be responsible for managing and monitoring production activities on its Billing and Payments Platform. This is a large scale, full-cycle system support.
The candidate will be joining a global, fast-paced environment, where cross-functional teamwork, high standards, and precise execution will be critical to their success. He/She will interact with a variety of teams such as Product Management, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Billing Operations, Optimization, and others, and will serve as the functional and operational subject matter expert in the area of billing, payments, collections and financial postings. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process-oriented, persistent, persuasive, willing to learn new systems/technologies and have both product development and production support background, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills.
Manage and Lead the invoice and payment processing activities within given SLA’s, ensuring stability and continuity of operations and adherence to all Sarbanes Oxley IT controls;
Establish and manage daily, weekly, and monthly production workflows for the Billing & Payments system and deliver goals and objectives;
Work daily with Production Supervisors and Managers for optimal efficiency, meeting the needs of internal and external customers;
Communicate effectively with Operations and Management when schedule adjustments and delays occur;
Perform impact analysis on capacity and schedules relating to changing volumes and new projects in order to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs;
Perform first-level troubleshooting & coordinate resolution of production issues; Follow-up and tracking for the full resolution of the issues with implementing the Short term and long term measures.
Provide recommendations and guidance for performance tuning and optimization of our supporting systems;
Perform or participate in periodic reviews, audits and updates to the hosting standards, process controls and technologies;
Create and maintain documentation related to the production environment for new projects and ongoing issues;
Support new product rollouts by providing appropriate time window & smoke testing;
Work closely with the Product teams in defining the Production rollout strategy and the smoke testing plans
Support and execute month-end close activities; and be involved in other ad hoc projects.
Our eBay Values & Team Culture
We are Courageous
- Be Bold, Confident, Nimble, Not Afraid to Take Risks
We are Driven
- Relentless Focus on Customers, We Play to Win. Deliver on Time
We are Inventive
- Creative, Innovative, Obsessed with finding a better way
We are Our Brand
- We Buy, Sell & Give on eBay with passion for our Brand
We are Richly Diverse
- We value inclusion & diversity of Thought, Ideas, Talent & People
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented and effectiveness in problem solving;
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Ability to author technical specifications, presentations, and other documentation;
- Good background and understanding of the UNIX operating system, as well as strong knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Shell/Perl scripting;
- Some experience in Java is a plus;
- Functional experience with Kenan/Comverse Billing System or similar enterprise solutions is a plus;
- Experience on workflow scheduling package such as Automic / UC4
- Experience and knowledge in SAP FICA/FICO is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in Fiserv Frontier system is a plus.
- Normally, you will work a standard 40-hour week. This role requires weekend & off-hour support of production activities based on an on-call schedule.
- Fluency in English is required.
- BS +8 yrs or MS +5 yrs
What we offer
Be a part of a Fun and Dynamic team that helps to shape the shopping experience of the future.
Future career opportunities with international exposure via eBay Inc.’s network of global locations.
A flexible and supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. The eBay Inc. family is passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigour and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you. Visit our careers site atwww.ebaycareers.com.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.