The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Direct-to-Consumer & International, Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a management role leading team members (cast and contractor) working on multiple initiatives within the Forecast Analytics (FA) portfolio of projects, supporting multiple park locations.
- This position will be responsible for planning, resource/task assignments, work effort tracking, partnering with MSI, Decision Science and Technology team members, design/code reviews, executive reporting and representing the DI team at project meetings.
- This role will lead a team responsible for various activities around data validation, data aggregation for Science Models, periodic data batch processing, and ad-hoc activities required by the projects.
- This DI development and sustainment team primarily leverages SQL, Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, and Hadoop/Hive in their work efforts.
- 5+ years’ experience leading development teams – task planning, level of effort definition, resource assignments and task management
- 3+ years’ experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- Experience and proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Solid understanding of Python, Spark, and Hadoop/Hive
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Solid understanding ETL and ELT tools and processes
- Strong analytical skills in data analysis
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of software design lifecycle data
- Hands-on development experience with Python, Hadoop/Hive, and Spark
- Hands-on experience leveraging PySpark, SparkSQL for data processing
- Experience with project management tools, including Smartsheet and Version 1
- Hands-on experience interacting with Technology teams to promote code across multiple environments
- Experience with Github/Gitlab for code versioning and promotion
- Experience with Docker for software deployment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with specialization in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field