Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Act as an expert on load research and the statistical rigor of sample design.
- Process customer class loads for regulatory filings.
- Gather, analyze and audit interval load data.
- Audit business system data and implement processes to correct for inconsistencies.
- Analyze business processes, conduct special studies, develop alternatives and present recommendations to management and influence management decisions.
- Identify and recommend long-range asset data management and system improvements to strategically balance risk and reward.
- Develop and recommend long range programs for load research studies.
- Manage the budget process to ensure that all stakeholders have their needs met.
- Report complex information in simple terms, and communicate throughout the organization.
- Act as expert on maintaining integrity of metered interval load data.
- Research and analyze relevant data, evaluate complex situations, develop creative alternatives, provide recommendations, and negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Provide analytical support for state and federal regulatory proceedings.
- Prepare responses to data requests in support of load research studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in an applicable field directly related to position responsibilities.
- Program design skills including development of interventions, processes, or new or modified programs to meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
- Project management and leadership skills, including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Knowledge of research, analysis and consulting techniques, Company policies, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and statistical forecasting software, including Oracle Utilities Load Analysis (OULA), SAS, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, and SQL.
- Experience working with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) data
- Previous utility operations experience in a load research role.
- Previous supervisory or lead experience is desired
- The ability to manage client and vendor relationships.
Primary Location: Portland
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: 88,000.00 - 107,300.00
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.