Direct-to-Consumer-and-International (DTCI) is Disney’s global, multiplatform media, product, technology, and distribution organization for world-class content. DTCI is comprised of Disney’s international media and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including all Disney networks outside of the US, the ESPN+ streaming service, the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. The DTCI Tech organization focuses on providing ground-breaking innovation and driving the strategic use and development of technology to power the DTCI business, deliver world-class products and experiences to consumers around the world. The Data Platform group within DTCI Tech, is charged with developing a consolidated data platform that supports DTCI business stakeholders with the means to access, activate and analyze all of Disney’s consumer data in a secure and compliant way.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager role will focus on all aspects of how DTCI’s Data Platform services multiple use cases (segmentation, identity unification, activation and self-serve analytics offerings) across a diverse group of stakeholders including ad sales, marketing, research, product, among others. You provide the connective tissue between your stakeholders and technical product management partners responsible for building the products to stakeholder requirements. You represent the voice of the customer and are responsible for driving the product strategy, execution and launch of key data-driven products across DTCI’s portfolio of media properties. You must be an analytical, articulate, and business-minded self-starter, capable of setting strategic priorities, executing tactically and communicating effectively to stakeholders at senior and peer levels throughout the course of an analytics product lifecycle.
- Define/provide input to and execute the product strategy, design and build for data activation, identity and self-service analytics products to support stakeholder business objectives and priorities.
- Partner with Technical Product Manager to manage the product lifecycle, including the execution of go-to-market plans (product positioning, competitive analysis, target stakeholder segments, use cases, training), define product requirements, resolve product issues, and deliver new products and/or enhancements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for effective product requirements gathering, operational and go-to-market execution and communication.
- Evaluate and communicate market and stakeholder needs based on product performance, feedback, and industry trends to drive the conception and prioritization of new data products and features, while balancing overall revenue driving opportunities.
- Established as a subject matter expert on the uses of the Data Platform, acting as source of communication between stakeholders and technical teams by providing education and sales support on the segmentation, identity unification or self-service analytics suite value propositions and features to help grow adoption and usage of our products within DTCI.
- Must have minimum 6 years previous experience in product management, product marketing, data, technology, digital marketing and/or consulting in a related field.
- Must have experience with data, including data products such as Data Management Platforms or Data Matching Partners. (e.g.: Datalogix, LiveRamp, BlueKai, Adobe, Experian, Facebook, etc.) and business intelligence solutions (e.g. Looker, Domo, Business Objects, and Tableau)
- Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization
- Excellent problem-solving, confidence in explaining intricate problems & solutions in a simple way, and able to balance working autonomously as well as cross-functionally
- Curious, passionate and exhibits strong worth ethic
- Bachelor in quantitative field (Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Mathematics)