The ABC Consumer Insights department oversees brand, content, and strategy research projects for ABC. Working in close collaboration with the ratings and analytics team, the consumer research team conducts qualitative and quantitative research with core consumers to inform and impact departments across the division, including Development, Programming, Marketing, and Strategy teams.
A Day in the Life:
- Assisting in data analyses, proof-reading and writing surveys, discussion guides and reports
- Viewing and analyzing focus groups
- Reviewing and writing summaries of syndicated reports for marketing and strategic purposes
- Producing regular reports/memos on industry news and trends
- Tracking and reporting on Nielsen ratings for ABC and competitive programs in primetime
- Assist in the daily execution of core ratings report
What You Bring to the Role:
- Strong strategic critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in Consumer Insights/Market Research
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Relationship builder, who excels in a collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Interest in the television/entertainment industry preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of TV research and Nielsen software
- Previous experience working at a network or studio (research department preferred)
- Junior, Senior (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, Sociology, Psychology or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from September 2019 through December 2019. Must be able to work 30-40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.