At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Walt Disney Television, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
The Walt Disney Television’s Social Analytics team tracks fan-driven and network-driven activity on social media to deliver insights that will inform programming, marketing, product, and sales strategies across the organization.
A day in the life…
The Social Analytics Intern will collect and analyze social media data related to key Walt Disney Television series through the use of social listening and analytics tools. The intern will help identify trends and craft insights that inform important programming and marketing decisions.
What you bring to the role…
- Social media savvy with proven competency across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Superior written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and reporting on the results
- A curious nature and strong interest in the television industry
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Relationship builder who excels in a collaborative environment
- Proactive and able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with ABC and Freeform television series and talent
- Previous internship experience in a related research and/or social analytics field
- Experience using social listening or other text analytics tools
- Experience crafting Boolean search queries
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Research, Business, or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from September through December 2019. Must be able to work 30 - 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program