Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems.
- Detail design of complex tactical radio systems and IP network solutions integrated into vehicle platforms (land, sea, air) that satisfy specific customer requirements for critical wireless communications.
- Design systems utilizing Harris or other vendor equipment, and often include HF, VHF, UHF, microwave, data, IP networks and/or custom design peripheral subsystems in both voice and data applications integrated into vehicle platforms.
- Requires experience with design and integration of electronics and communications equipment into vehicle platforms (primarily land vehicles, but sea and air platforms experienced welcomed)
- Develop integration and installation designs in coordination with end users and vehicle suppliers ensuring system integrity.
- Requires working closely with design engineers and Harris direct sales personnel in developing unique customer solutions.
- Lead discussions with engineers, sales, consultants, vendors and other Harris personnel as necessary to advance and develop designs based on customer requirements.
- Provide complete design efforts including: defining the end customer's technical requirement; designing, documenting and costing of systems, and integration and test of those systems.
- BSEE/BSCE and 5+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 3+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience of demonstrated technical experience in system design of complex vehicle electronics and communications systems including power systems design.
- Approximately 10% short term international travel anticipated
- Computer Proficiency – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and MS Project
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Packaging and performance verification of electrical systems for harsh environments including rugged packaging for transport and mobile applications. Military Systems experience in this area a plus.
- Strong technical documentation experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed design documentation, design trade off analysis, and installation and integration drawings.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, and International Government / DoD systems experience desirable.
- Executing customer specification sell off during system validation activities.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Experience with process improvement in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.