The Senior Data Analyst must be passionate about digging into data and understanding the stories the data is telling. You will analyze complex data sets, track and measure insights, build critical dashboard and draw key insights.
- Leverage your project management expertise to create dashboards / visualizations (Plan=>Scope=>Design=>Author=>Implement). This process can include requirements gathering, data sufficiency exercise, sketch design, to dashboard authoring.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to design and create user accepted dashboards. Bring value add contributions to the process of designed and authoring executive level dashboards / reports.
- Design analytics and reporting deliverables, especially around data visualization best practices, and creation
- Act as the data expert, leading the way in data discovery, both proactively and by request, to identify key insights and trends to help drive strategic recommendations
- Perform data abstraction, cleansing, validation, modeling, interpretation and reporting.
- Take data, understand it, process it, extract value from it, and communicate if visually / verbally to team members and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Work closely with customers and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analytics within an agreed-upon SLA.
- Play an active role in business reviews, especially in reviewing analytical findings and in strategic planning discussions.
- Ensure solutions meet the client’s needs, support the extraction of actionable information, and align with client objectives.
- Provide consulting support on all data-related solutions (program design, report design, data feed design, data aggregation, etc.).
- Expertise in developing Tableau dashboards using best practices, required
- Experience manipulating large data sets leveraging tools such as Hadoop and Data Wrangling and pulling data from data warehouses, marts and lakes.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL, required
- R, Python, TOAD and SQL workbench, a plus
- Expertise in doing Root Cause Analysis and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills required
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of design, development and testing and best practices of Enterprise application and/or reporting implementations;
- Strong proficiency in the design, development and/or maintenance of reporting systems and databases
- Ability to interpret data to help in strategic decision making.
- Self-directed who can interpret data to understand trends and derive meaningful business insights for senior executives with little oversight
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams and other analysts
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate numbers into a story
- Professional, positive demeanor