Business Analyst - BABOK
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our growing biopharmaceutical company. Reporting to the Business Analyst Supervisor, this position is responsible for working with business stakeholders to define and document business processes and software requirements for technology requests. You will regularly engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously across all levels in the organization. This will include teaming with IT developers, business key users, validation and QA staff.
Additional responsibilities of the BA role include:
- Collect, analyze and interpret requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis toward best practice or BABOK standards.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish the underlying true needs from user requests.
- Proactively communicate, collaborate, and facilitate knowledge transfer between internal customers and development team to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Clearly and concisely document the results of analysis and workflows as well as obtain sign-off from the internal customers.
- Assist technical writer in the design of test scripts and test scenarios. Coordinate with the business users who test, validate, and evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Serve as the conduit between the internal customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
Qualified candidates of this role must offer a Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field. You must offer excellent communication, technical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Technical skills and experience required of the BA role include:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Business Analyst
- Minimum of 5 years experience creating, editing and revising technical documentation such as process diagrams, flow charts, procedure manuals and training materials
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously across all levels in an organization
- Willingness to drive and challenge business users on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Ability to read and interpret moderately complex or technical documents such as laws, regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables and interpret information furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- H1B sponsorship not available
At Octapharma Plasma we believe in our employees who have the passion and ability to make a difference to the quality of life of their communities. The individual growth and success of each and every employee at Octapharma Plasma is an integral part of our continued growth and success. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Other benefits of the BA role include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) contribution and matching program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team-oriented environment