At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Data Solutions & Architecture group is part of the Enterprise Technology organization. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing the data platforms, data integrations and reporting and analytics solutions for The Walt Disney Company’s enterprise business data. We are experts at architecting and building highly scalable data and analytics solutions that meet the business requirements of the groups across the company we support.
As part of our team, you will be working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, pub/sub data messaging, master data management, AI/ML predictive analytics, Robotics Process Automation, and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment, with other like-minded peers who are solutions and results oriented, and who enjoy collaboration. Besides being experts in their respective fields, our architects and developers are smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
The Principal Data Architect is one of the key architect roles in the organization. This is a strong technology leadership role, responsible for the data architecture of major data and analytics platforms for enterprise business data across TWDC.
- Responsible for the overall data design and modeling across all of the organization’s data systems, especially the design of data in the major data platforms (data warehouses, data lakes, master data management systems), with focus on data analytics and data reporting and visualization
- Responsible for data management across multiple data systems: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data definitions, symantec-layer design, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Architecting and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost-effective enterprise data solutions
- Responsible for helping set the technology strategy and roadmaps for the portfolio of data platforms and services across the organization
- Responsible for data security and compliance
- Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Providing active “hands-on” architectural guidance and leadership through the entire lifecycle of development projects
- Translating business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Collaborates closely with partners across the organization including other architects, engineering and product managers, and business partners
- Performing third-party vendor assessments
- Developing and leading proof-of-concepts projects
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution--staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
Basic Qualifications :
Skills & Key Attributes
- Current with new technologies and vendor solutions available in the marketplace
- Expertise in data architecture and design, for both structured and unstructured data
- Expertise in data modeling
- Expertise with all aspects of data management: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Expertise in architecting and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost effective, cloud-based enterprise data solutions
- Fluent understanding of data security and compliance requirements
- Fluency architecting and documenting architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Understanding of Solutions Architecture methodology and practices
- Ability to translate business requirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions
- Ability to perform third-party vendor assessments
- Ability to develop and lead proof-of-concepts
- Focused on delivering practical, working solutions (no ivory tower solutions)
- Fluency in cloud based data storage and analytics offerings
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to “influence without authority”
- Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills
- Strong communication and executive presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences
- Thinks strategically
- Innovative thinking and embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past. Thinks big and broad, without being constrained by existing norms or business models.
- Results oriented, biased toward action
- Keeps fluent in new technologies and successful sharing with peers and introducing new technologies
- Chooses optimism and calls out cynicism and unproductive behavior
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
- 10 years plus experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- 10 years hands-on data design in large-scale and complex data solutions development projects
- In-depth experience in data architecture and design for large, complex enterprise data environments, for both structured and unstructured data
- Experience architecting and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost-effective enterprise data solutions
- Experience with data analytics, BI, data reporting and data visualization
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with all aspects of data management: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Experience with AI/ML and predictive analytics
- Experience with data security and compliance
- Experience and with data lifecycle management, data-tiering and data archiving
- Experience with Solutions Architecture methodology and practices
- Experience with Finance and HCM data and business domains is a plus
- Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments.
Required Education :
- BS in Computer Science or related technology field
Preferred Education :
- MS Computer Science or related technology field