The Director will be the go-to analytic partner for senior executive business intelligence needs, driving business strategic and operational improvements by defining key performance indicators, then analyzing, measuring and recommending solutions. This team will focus on data quality through measurement, alerting and investigating outliers, and data error detection. They will partner with leaders across our Data team to ensure knowledge sharing, transparency and help in setting data standards and cross-functional communication. They will lead a team that has a diverse set analytics skills - data quality, data modeling, financial analytics and reporting, visualization, and design - to discover strategic insights and guide decision making.
The Director, Central Business Insights will lead an experienced team of analysts aimed at increasing business results through the combination of statistical leadership, data analysis, and fast paced execution.
- Be the lead for multiple BI projects including finance and strategy
- Present to and partner with senior executives, both defining and communicating insights
- Lead a new team of business intelligence analysts and data scientists with a focus on defining and measuring business KPIs
- Design, build and launch reliable dashboards that provide insights across global teams
- Manage security and privacy standards for the BI solutions through access controls
- Work with Product, Engineering and Data leads to ensure consistency across the product portfolio and various business functions.
- Deploy data quality checks to ensure high quality of dashboards
- Be hands-on and work with massive datasets with superior analytics skills
- Apply data mining techniques and build high quality predictions that are both actionable and understandable to technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Lead and expand a team that can deliver on short-term requests along with complex analyses and forecasting.
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team
- Contribute in technical discussions on data standards and tooling
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of SQL (Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Hive, etc.) experience and relational databases experience (Oracle, MySQL)
- 7+ years experience with mixed data skill sets and approaches (analytics, analytic tools, and data science); experience with rapid product and tool development preferred
- 5+ years experience in building, managing, and leading a high-performing data analytics team
- 2+ years of scripting: Java and/or Python development experience
- 2+ years experience in Big Data stack environments (AWS, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, etc.)
- Experience working with virtual and global cross-functional teams
Preferred Education :
- Masters degree preferred in a quantitative or computational field (ie, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or an emphasis in quantitative methods or business analytics etc.)