Disney’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) group has the skills, drive, and passion to innovate, create, and succeed in enabling a Direct to Consumer Strategy for ESPN, Disney and ABC products. We are here to lead in the application of data and analytics across The Walt Disney Company, focused on Content Personalization/Recommendation, Deep User Understanding, Audience Segmentation, and Analytics. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can develop scalable SDKs and apps for iOS , Android Mobile, and other OTT platforms. You must be self-driven to continuously learn, evaluate new technologies, innovate, and deliver solutions for business-critical applications with little to no oversight from the management team.
- Build software across the real-time data collection platform for the Apple, Google, Amazon and related product platforms for mobile and OTT.
- Design and develop SDKs with minimal footprint in terms of resource utilization yet produce excellent performance and reliability in collecting consumer engagement data from each devices. You will be helping data collection from apps used by 100MM+ users.
- Help define and enforce development, design standards, and best practices for other developers.
- Think of new ways to improve scalability, resilience and reliability to the platform and be able to document and communicate these ideas across our team to put your ideas into action.
- Embrace the DevOps mentality to build, deploy and support applications with minimal help from other teams.
- Work with various mobile and OTT product team to integrate real-time collection SDKs we maintain, demo new features, provide sample code and provide review feedback to improve performance and reliability.
- Quickly troubleshoot production issues reports by product teams, roll out fixes.
- Work with various mobile/OTT team to peer review code and improve quality.
Basic Qualifications :
- Have 6+ years of experience developing with a mix of languages (Swift, Objective-C, Java) to be used for mobile and OTT platforms.
- Experience using Xcode and Android Studio IDEs for development.
- Hands on experience architecting software to be integrated with Mobile and OTT product platforms.
- Awareness of Java Script based Web SDK development.
- Strong understanding of OO design patterns and concepts, and unit testing code to a high level of code coverage.
- Strong understanding of hardware / software requirements and restrictions.
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services.
- Must demonstrate solid organization / communication skills. A good amount of time will spent on helping all the product team to integrate our SDK to products.
- Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly.
- Passionate about technology, data, & creative innovation
- Previous experience in working with Java Script based Web SDK will be a huge plus.
- Previous experience in building Web and Mobile SDK for data collection or similar use cases will be a huge plus
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent job experience.