At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The mission of the Customer Information Management team is to optimize the value of customer data for use in building direct customer relationships and delivering relevant customer experiences across TWDC’s brands and businesses globally. As a central resource for company-wide customer data, the team partners with stakeholders across the company to establish data practices, policies and capabilities to collect, use and share data in support business objectives, while maintaining respectful consumer data practices. Primary responsibilities of the group are to:
- Enrich enterprise data assets by acquiring, organizing and aggregating customer data from various sources to construct a full and accurate view of a customer’s interactions with the company for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns and analytics.
- Deliver customer data, data analysis support and customer data insights to businesses on as needed basis, including audience selection and segmentation services as well as email marketing campaign services.
- Establish global, company-wide standards and business policies for collection, sharing, use and retention of customer information, including standards for cross-business use, communication/targeting relevance and other brand-related controls.
Own and operate enterprise-wide tools and capabilities, including the shared enterprise-wide customer/ marketing data environment and any company-wide customer-facing tools (e.g., customer preference and email permission centers)
- If you’re passionate about helping businesses leverage customer data for marketing and consumer insights and have a soft spot for the brands of the Walt Disney Company, we want to talk to you. The Manager will work with internal CIM campaign management teams as well as external BU marketing team to understand data needs and business requirements related to customer data. The manager will then define, code (using SQL), schedule, run and maintain manual data processing jobs as well as automated data processing jobs that transform critical (raw) source data sets into structured and standardized formats for use by business unit marketing teams and CIM’s internal campaign management team. This includes but is not limited to the creation of franchise and business affinity indicators based on analysis of customer transactions, website/app interactions, account registration and login activity and email campaign responses. The manager will also lead projects to acquire new data, including evaluating the quality, consistency, organization, volume and utility of customer data for use by CIM and other business unit marketing teams. The manager will produce ad hoc reports based on business and leadership needs by constructing analytical queries using SQL providing insights and tracking recent customer transactions, cross-line-of business engagement, and other key performance indicators. This position has 1 direct report (undergraduate associate).
- Maintain Franchise Layer (run processing jobs transforming raw interaction data into summary flags), including updating, testing and releasing new SQL code to production to capture new franchise interaction data. Ensure franchise data is updated weekly and available for use by marketing stakeholders. Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting against franchise interaction data.
- Oversee execution of scheduled data transfers to Chase Bank on behalf of Disney Rewards Visa Card (DRVC) group. Collaborate with DRVC to define new customer data goals and translate into project plans. Execute technical requirements as needed, including ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
- Lead data onboarding projects in collaboration with technology partners, including analysis and evaluation of source data as well as documentation of source data taxonomy and data transformation requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of all assigned data processing activities, automated and manual, current and new, including business rules, data sources, data processing requirements and related logic.
- In collaboration with leadership, identify opportunities for automation and execute technical requirements.
- Total of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in data analysis, business intelligence or data science roles during which both technical and management capability have been clearly demonstrated.
- Experience managing technology investments and costs related to vendor solutions as well as internal technical development investments
- 3 + year experience managing data analysts, BI developers, and/or data scientists.
- Intermediate level SQL expertise, experience writing SQL queries against large data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, business intelligence tools, reporting, analytical environments
- Extensive expertise and knowledge in how data assets are used in marketing, consumer strategy, reporting, analytical functions.
- Experience with large scale, multi-terabyte level data solutions supporting direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Expertise in understanding business needs and working with non-technical and non-customer data centric marketers
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with customers and engineers; equally credible with individual contributors and executives.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Bachelor of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.
- Master's degree in computer science/information science/engineering or related Master of Arts degree with heavy focus on analytical and statistical methods.