Who we are...
COCC performs essential work in its support of financial institutions. We are continuing to grow our workforce and are looking for top talent to join our Top Workplace!
COCC delivers complete enterprise processing solutions to financial institutions throughout the northeastern United States. Listed among American Banker's FinTech 100 and the Inc. 5,000 fastest growing companies in the nation, COCC inspires the industry with innovation and top quality support. Designated as a Top Workplace in Connecticut, COCC recognizes employees as the core of our success! COCC offers a progressive training program to support employees in personal and professional development.
What we need…
We are looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager that will support the incident detection and response program at COCC. This role leads and further develops a team of analysts responsible for 24x7x365 monitoring of threats, as well as the tools and processes that support the core mission of defending the organization against cyber-threats. Similarly, the SOC Manager is responsible for extending these key security capabilities to COCC’s subscribing client organizations as a hosted SOC service, in order to protect their environment.
The SOC Manager reports to the Information Security Officer, and collaborates closely with the security architecture teams, security teams, and other internal and client stakeholders to empower the business and continuously enhance the security posture of the organization.
What’s in it for you…
All of the benefits you’d expect from an award winning employer plus:
- A robust employee training and development program
- Generous PTO offering as well as competitive pay and benefits
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition Reimbursement
- One on one career coaching
- Financial planning assistance with certified professionals
- Fun employee events such as company outings, trivia, sports leagues, wellness events
- Peer recognition programs
What you’ll do…
- Manage the daily operations and effectiveness of the SOC.
- Oversee the success of clients subscribing to security monitoring services, including onboarding, ongoing monitoring, and improvements.
- Act as an advisor and partner to both COCC and its client organizations regarding security risks; work collaboratively with impacted parties to assess business drivers and provide recommendations.
- Manage and enhance the tools, tactics, and techniques used within with the SOC. Lead in the assessment, architecture and implementation of security technologies.
- Develop staff of varying skill levels on both cybersecurity competencies/expertise and personal development. Guide in their continued growth and success as individuals and as a team.
- Participate in the development and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) related to SOC operations, to benchmark and further enhance capabilities.
- Participate in internal assessments and tabletop exercises, and other activities that contribute to operational readiness.
- Benchmark and implement industry best practices to detect and mitigate potential threats
- Ensure platforms and processes are in compliance with all corporate and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Collaborate with management in developing technical direction, as well as assessing reasonable objectives and timelines.
- Lead the SOC team in a fast-paced environment, while exercising composure, professionalism and teamwork during incidents. Support and oversee incident response activities as the most senior escalation point on the SOC team. Exercise discretion and confidentiality on a need-to-know basis when performing investigations.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring…
The SOC Manager position requires strong technical knowledge and experience with security monitoring tools and incident management situations. In addition to technical expertise, a combination of excellent communication and people management skills is required. A successful candidate will be able to coordinate team members in evaluating security incidents or high-risk situations within an environment to provide clear, concise recommendations and feedback to security leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in IT Security or Information Technology
- Three (3) years in a management role leading a technical team
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Achieved one or more relevant security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, etc.)
- Strong leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to prioritize and execute autonomously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, and clients both orally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively with multiple teams and solutions towards a shared goal
- Strong understanding of latest security principles and protocols
- Strong understanding of security operations technologies including SIEM and orchestration
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and tactics used within a SOC, and how they are applied to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with cyber threats and the ability to develop relevant alerting, countermeasures, and threat hunting techniques.
- Scripting skills including Python a plus
COCC is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All applicants are required to pass a credit, background, and substance test prior to employment. COCC procures background and consumer reports in compliance with all Federal and State regulations, including The Fair Credit Reporting Act and CT Department of Labor laws regarding pre-employment screens. COCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Accessibility - If you’re a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please let us know by calling 860-678-0444 or emailing talentmanagement @ cocc dot com. Please specify the help you need and we’ll be happy to get back to you!