Full-time position available with KCMO’s Fire Department, Fire Prevention Administration Division, 635 Woodland Avenue, Kansas City, MO.
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Provides expert guidance to optimize systems, procedures, and processes.
- Evaluates operational and program effectiveness and develops solutions to make improvements and/or address performance issues.
- Utilizes strong project management, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Supports and advises the Fire Chief in planning, managing, and evaluating programs, operations, and processes.
- Conducts research, analyzes complex data sets and systems, identifies trends and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Drafts policies and procedures and assists with budgeting processes.
- Tracks and evaluates operational and program performance and identifies and makes recommendations to resolve issues.
- Critically evaluates Emergency Medical Service billing, federal reimbursement programs, inventory control, and root cause analysis of motor vehicle and employee accidents.
- Coordinates the Insurance Service Organization rating renewal, Fire Sales Tax 15-year plan, deployment analysis and strategic plan among other projects.
An accredited Master's degree in public or business administration, urban or regional planning, economics, accounting, finance or a related field; OR an accredited Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, urban or regional planning, economics, accounting, finance or a related field and 1 year of professional experience in public or business administration, corporate or municipal finance, budget, research, accounting or a related field.
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020.
Please click the "Apply Now" button on this page to apply online.
EOE. The City of Kansas City, Missouri is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.