We are part of Investment Operation group in Fidelity Fund and Investment Operations (FFIO) which acquires, manages and distributes data to multiple groups in Fidelity to perform day to day activities which includes investment decisions, performance of funds, index, and master reference data for securities. The primary role of this group is to migrate all the existing application from on premise data center to AWS by building a factory model for migrating components across products.
In this role, you will serve as the Technology Lead focusing on design & development and delivery of high quality, timely and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment which meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelors’ Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of design and development experience using Java / J2EE, and AWS experience
- Strong Agile development methodology background
The Skills You Bring
- Expertise in Object-oriented design and Java/J2EE Web development within UNIX and Windows environments using: design patterns within core Java, JDBC, Spring framework, Multi-threaded and Concurrent asynchronous application development; Write unit and functional test cases for the code.
- Experience writing complex Oracle PL/SQL, functions, and stored procedures on Oracle 12 for complex processing workflows
AWS cloud experience desired; AWS, Python, Java, Spark, Jenkins, Concourse, Kubernetes, Maven Build, Bit Bucket
- Excellent communication skills required
- Strong problem resolution skills required
The Value You Deliver
- Develop, design, implement, and support application/web servers running in Java, J2EE and .NET.
- Develop, design, implement, and support applications running within the AWS cloud.
- Develop, design, implement, and execute performance tests against our application suite.
- Accurately estimate work requirements and build detailed plans.
- Document processes and standard methodologies.
- Communicate optimally in team environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and provide 24x7 support
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.