IT Asset Management Associate position at Tesla. Your role will entail the handling of day-to-day Asset Lifecycle transactions ranging from acquisition to retirement. These duties will be perform in compliance within policy guidelines at timeframes as defined in the team’s project requirements.
- Submission of IT equipment Purchase Requests globally
- Work closely with planning team to maintain inventory required for daily operations
- Tracking delivery and receipt of new and existing IT equipment.
- Stocking/re-stocking of vending machines that carry IT equipment.
- Deliver equipment to IT Walk-up locations as needed.
- Recording, managing, and maintaining inventory of IT equipment in the stockroom.
- Processing equipment returns.
- Properly packaging, sending, and tracking outgoing shipments
- Record keeping within shared Excel files and/or ServiceNow to track assets
- Documenting and refining IT equipment lifecycle processes.
- Coordinate computer repairs (warranty & non-warranty)
- Picking up broken laptops from IT Walk-up locations
- Basic troubleshooting to determine what is broken
- Opening and managing repair tickets via manufacturer’s portal
- Packaging equipment for safe and secure shipment to/from depot
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, climb, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be a member of the IT Asset Management team whose mission is to optimize the utilization of Tesla's IT Assets
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently under pressure, prioritize, and stay focused in a fast-paced environment. Excellent attention to detail and process discipline
- Knowledge of or experience with IT Ticketing and Asset Management applications like ServiceNow ITSM, BMC Remedy ITSM or other similar products
- Mechanically inclined, with an aptitude and understanding of the technical aspects of IT equipment (laptops, desktops, tablets, accessories)
- General knowledge of the various types of IT hardware.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in an IT Operations role
- Prior Asset Management experience a plus