The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Senior Healthcare Informatics Analyst within DataGen, a HANYS Solutions company (HSI). DataGen offers a variety of health care data analytics, software solutions, and support to state hospital and health care associations, and multi-state health care systems. Reporting to the Director of Informatics, this full-time grant-funded position will perform analyses and develop algorithms to support DataGen’s healthcare analytic services and products. Concentration on innovative payment and population health models. The expected duration of this contract will be through September 17, 2024.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision, to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and make substantive contributions to division and organization excellence.
- Researches, develops, and maintains analyses and analytic products around population health models, including those focused on patient safety and quality improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes large healthcare data sets and data definitions that are required by DataGen, such as Medicare and New York State claims data, the National Health Safety Network, and the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
- Builds relational data files, queries and analyses using SQL and programmatic languages.
- Has a strong knowledge base on the concepts behind emerging measurement for quality improvement initiatives such as process and outcome measures, AHRQ quality indicators, and readmissions methodologies.
- Supports analytic products lines including, but not limited to
- evaluates and implements changes to programming as needed to develop and alter models per client specifications and/or payment model specifications;
- understands and accommodates the structure of specific claims and other data feeds;
- maintains accuracy of models and appropriate documentation.
- Develops analyses to address complex healthcare questions, including researching methodologies, performing analyses, and presenting findings.
- Translates healthcare policy concepts into algorithms and consumable outputs.
- Prepares data visualizations (e.g. charts, graphs, tables) for presentation of analytic findings.
- A four-year degree in healthcare administration, finance, economics, epidemiology, biostatistics or mathematics. Master’s degree desired.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a position involving the application of techniques of economic analysis, statistics, financial, and/or information analysis in a health-related field.
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, R, or other programmatic languages required.
- Knowledge of relational database structure and queries required.
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- A working knowledge of healthcare claims attributes and technical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with external clients and internal teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task.
We offer the opportunity to work at a Capital Region Top Employer* with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.