We are looking for a Senior Business Insights Analyst who will collaborate across all of our teams to lead the enhancement and use of a world-class set of data instrumentation and data-driven insight to maximize our student outcomes.
Analytics is central to Pathstream – we use data and analyses to support every business line and the marketing and product organizations. As such, we are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter Business Insights Analyst to help support Pathstream wide business-critical measurement, reporting, and analytics initiatives. This person should be able to collate data across multiple data sources to provide meaningful insights into the business performance, work with Curriculum/Product, Engineering, and Marketing to set up the right instrumentation for any new business/product/system launch and provide expertise and oversight on metrics definitions and governance. There are abundant growth and mentorship opportunities for the individual in this role to gain exposure and go deeper on engineering, product, marketing, learning design, and operations.
This person will work closely with every team at Pathstream to ensure we are measuring what matters and investing in student success. We are looking for someone with exceptional data mining, analytical and visualization skills and excellent communication skills. This role is critical to the success of our programs and the overall experience of our students.
This is a full-time position which can be remote or based at Pathstream’s headquarters in downtown San Francisco, CA once it is safe to return to in-person work.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the jobs in this current economy. We accomplish this by partnering with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital-skill careers. We provide course instruction, project evaluation, enrollment support, 24/7 technical support, and career services to ensure our students are successful in their learning.
Progress to date:
- Established partnerships with Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Tableau, Asana, and Unity
- Established partnerships with 25+ colleges and universities in 17 states that serve over 1 million students
- Launched our online learning platform — used by over 2,000 students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking education model, as featured in TechCrunch.
- Closed $12 million in Series A financing in 2019, as featured in this EdSurge.
We’re a tight-knit, hardworking, mission-driven team of ~50 employees who are eager to scale our solution and transform education across the United States. See who we are and what we believe in!
- Become a trusted partner who provides expert advice in the usage and interpretation of data.
- Identify impactful opportunities to improve our analytical measurement approaches and shape the roadmap based on such learning to keep us moving forward.
- Partner directly with the heads of each internal team to understand business needs for insights and analytics.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements — everything from curriculum design to instructional support models, job placement insights, product development, marketing user experience, partner management and so on.
- Design, architect and build scalable, robust solutions which provide insights to the business.
- Build and automate dashboards and compelling data visualizations to provide meaningful insights into business performance. Provide support for data analysis.
- Partner with business analysts to create and maintain business metrics documentation for broader usage.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data and dashboards delivered by thoroughly validating the data and assessing the quality of the data. Should be able to identify incomplete data and provide recommendations on improving the data quality.
- Create, maintain, and optimize data pipeline architecture in partnership with our Engineering team.
- 5+ years of previous experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics and in a work environment highly focused on data driven insight and decision making
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization, data analysis, systems analysis, extracting data from multiple sources and transforming into meaningful information and delivering meaningful insights into business performance.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience extracting data insights from Google Analytics.
- Strong analytics skills to disentangle and find usefulness in unstructured datasets.
- Expertise and experience in statistics as it applies to A/B and multi-variate testing (stat sig, p-values, basic regression analysis)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced product company.
- Can do attitude and self-driven individual
- Organized, proactive, and highly responsive
- Able to work independently and in a team, rigorous, detail-oriented, critical thinker and performance-driven
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating recommendations effectively to a broad audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Clear drive to learn and master new data analytics skills and tools
WHAT WE OFFER
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.