- Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
- Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in multiple platforms.
- Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation.
- Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance testing.
- Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications supporting several corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
- Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
- Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a project.
- Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience developing Java based Web application solutions.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience developing Java based Web application solutions.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
- Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing and implementing Java 8 based enterprise applications and services, using RESTful Web Services, Spring Core, Spring Webflow, Angular 8/PrimeNG, Angular JS, JBPM, Hibernate, and Apache Tiles to deliver Shares application system.
- DE mentoring a full-stack engineering team; developing Java and J2EE applications and Web services; performing Object-oriented design, using MVC and Microservices design patterns with Spring Boot framework, IDE toolset (Eclipse, IntelliJ, or STS), Bitbucket/Stash repositories, and Maven dependency manager; and performing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using Jenkins for deployment on Linux Virtual Machines.
- DE developing Java services (SOAP and RESTful) and middle-tier multi-threaded applications, using Java, Spring, and Hibernate framework according to Agile methodologies; performing application build, deployment, and support using Continuous Integration (CI) tools -- Jenkins, Ant, and Maven; performing configuration management utilizing SVN and git stash; and performing Test-Driven Development (TDD), using Unit/JUnit testing techniques, Veracode, and SONAR.