The Database Manager/Data Analyst’s primary role is to oversee the accurate input, extraction, and analysis of data to and from The Atlanta Opera’s Tessitura database. This includes primary responsibility for all Tessitura management and list pulls, ensuring their accuracy and compliance with best practices. In addition, this role is responsible for assisting the Development team in researching, administering, prospecting, and stewarding philanthropic commitments from individual patrons; identifying and qualifying philanthropic prospects; and providing concise analysis and confidential profiles and reports to the Development team and company leadership. This role includes oversight of the timely processing of donations, gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders via the Tessitura database; oversight of box office and ancillary sales data entry and reporting; and other tracking, reports, list management and extractions to support the Development and Marketing teams and maintain the integrity of donor and patron records in the Tessitura database. In short, this role is part database manager, part data analyst and sleuth for Development and Marketing, and part prospect researcher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage operation of TAO’s relational database system (Tessitura) and maintain the integrity of donor and patron records in the database.
- Act as TAO’s representative within the Atlanta Tessitura Consortium and serve on the Consortium’s Advisory Committee to advocate for the TAO’s needs and preferences within the Consortium.
- Manage data entry and tracking, reports, list management, extractions, and other tasks as assigned to provide support to the Development and Marketing teams.
- Provide budget and cash flow forecasts based on donor pipeline and solicitations, and anticipated box office, digital, and other sales.
- Use electronic screening and data-mining techniques to identify prospects for major gifts, endowed gifts, special project funding, and annual/sustaining support, as well as potential subscribers and ticket buyers.
- Manage gift processing and acknowledgments, ensuring the timely processing of gifts, pledges, and payments, along with acknowledgement letters, forms, cards, receipts and premiums across multiple Atlanta Opera fundraising campaigns.
- Produce weekly reports for the Development team including contribution, solicitation and campaign reports.
- Conduct research on individual, corporate, and foundation philanthropic prospects according to affinity, ability, and access, by synthesizing information from multiple sources into coherent and accurate solicitation profiles.
- Create and manage portfolio reports, dashboards, and metrics tabulations for the activities with the Chief Advancement Officer and gift staff.
- Maintain the General Ledger Codes, Funds, Campaigns, Source Codes, Elevated Events, Attributes, Constituencies, and other essential elements of the Tessitura database.
- Extract Tessitura data and prepare it for upload into the organization’s finance software.
- Assist donors with gift inquiries, providing information and materials as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all donor records and TAO financial information.
- Coordinate Tessitura training and assistance for all TAO users.
- Oversee the maintenance and enforcement of database policies and procedures for both Development and Marketing.
- Be well informed on all current Opera programs and activities, and the expansion planning objectives of the Opera in order to represent them to prospects and donors.
- Excellent customer service and demonstrated success with face-to-face relationship-building with clients, vendors, donors, or customers.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Superior communication (written/oral) skills required.
- Track record of attentiveness to detail, meeting deadlines, documentation, and timeliness necessary
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously with excellent follow-through skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and commitment to mission required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in database management, with emphasis on gift processing or development services.
- Advanced experience with Tessitura, including user interface and data schematics.
- Proficiency with all Office Suite software including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot table creation and manipulation.
- Experience managing data and manipulating database information.
- SQL facility preferred.
- Position requires evening and weekend obligations during the opera season.
- Ability to sit at a desk for up to and over eight hours per day.
- Ability to communicate using a phone and headset.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe manner.