The Information Systems division is seeking an experienced Data Warehouse Developer to join our vital Data Management Services team and perform highly advanced data management development work.
Diverse responsibilities include data modeling, ETL, data quality, development of data sources, report and dashboard creation, performance testing, and maintenance responsibilities around existing data warehouse.
The Data Warehouse Developer will also train less experienced developers. The Data Warehouse Developer works under minimal supervision of the Data Management and Support team lead with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Performs advanced data warehouse architectural work including data warehouse design, data modeling, and metadata design
- Works closely with business SMEs to reverse engineer the rules that govern business processes, corresponding data streams, and associated source systems
- Translates business needs into high level technical designs for business intelligence solutions; applies rapid iterative development methodologies as appropriate to ensure the solution keeps pace with business needs
- Perform in-depth, thorough, and accurate reporting or ad hoc analysis as needed
- Contributes to the long-term vision of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) by delivering Agile solutions
- Develops efficient ETL for loading the data warehouse and makes timely data available for business users
- Assists in capturing processes, procedures and other metadata in documentation; ensures that documentation is well organized, complete, and appropriate for the audience
- Troubleshoots, supports and maintains the data warehouse and associated tools used by the team
- Contributes to and follows best practices established by the governance council, data stewards and enterprise data officer
- Develops and improves continuous release and testing processes
- Designs, deploys, and manages standardized, centralized data sources for agency reporting
- Helps to establish best practices for development, testing, migration and error handling
- Implements and maintains business intelligence security best practices including those related to HIPAA
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four year college with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, finance, library science or related business field.
- Six (6) years of experience in data warehouse development
- Three (3) years of experience in ETL development (creating automated processes and troubleshooting issues)
- Three (3) years of experience moving and manipulating large data sets
- Two (2) years on experience dimensional modeling for data warehouses
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Experience in health/life insurance, accounting and financials, or investment data related activities
- Experience with data automation tools (i.e. WhereScape )
- Experience with Azure and agile iterations
- Experience with ERP applications (i.e. PeopleSoft, Workday, etc.)
- Knowledge of health care claims data
- Experience with analytic and reporting tools (SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, Power BI, R/Python)
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. On-call or after-hours work may be required. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" button on this page to submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date.
Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.