Why Search Discovery?
Our purpose is to enable people to thrive so that businesses can thrive. We believe that the work you do should matter - it should be meaningful to you professionally and personally, and it should have a positive impact on both you and our clients. We are committed to creating an incredible place where passionate and determined people can do incredible things. If you love data, like to solve problems, want to work with amazing people, and create new technology — then this is the place for you.
A Data Engineer will provide strategic guidance for CDP/DMP and BI solutions to clients across industries. This position is the subject matter expert for Data Lakes, Customer Data Platforms (CDP), and DMPs. The Data Engineer will work on a variety of data projects, including orchestrating pipelines using modern CDP and DMP tools/architectures, and designing and engineering of existing systems. This position will also involve supporting business development efforts, developing go to market solutions, and maturing our capabilities and team.
What you need to have (3-7 required skills)
- 5+ years experience in data engineering or data lake development
- 2+ years experience architecting and deploying CDP solutions with at least one of the following technologies: Adobe Experience Manager (AEP), Treasure Data, Cloudera.
- Expert SQL skills
- At-least 2 end-to-end experiences of setting up, configuring and deploying a data lake or CDP in client environments with large data sets
- Some experience with building connectors, calling APIs, creating ETLs, Python development, and S3 development
- Some working knowledge in BI platforms (Sisense, Looker, Domo, Datorama, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRMs and ERP data
- Commitment to embodying our Core Values of Pioneering, Humility, Craftsmanship, Judgment, Resilience, Accountability, Vision, and Wellness.
What you’ll be doing (Standard SDI Level Expectations)
- Manage budget, timelines, and deliverables to ensure the team is achieving business impact goals.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients in both good and challenging situations.
- Actively participate in business development activities, including client pitches, estimating work and creating project plans.
- Create trusted partnerships with clients in order to consistently extend and expand our business relationships.
- Develop sustainable solutions to share knowledge and experiences within the team.
- Build the expertise of our team through mentoring, training, and sharing best practices.
What you need to achieve (2-3 outcomes the new hire should achieve in their first year).
- Provide solution architectures and deliver CDP and data lake projects to support client revenue growth
- Develop solutions and services across our CDP technology partners
- Support expansion of CDP and data lake capabilities across cloud and data technologies
We provide an industry-leading total rewards package for our people that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and accident insurance as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, 401(k) matching, generous time-off program, significant investments in your growth, and limitless opportunities in a challenging and rewarding career.
If this resonates with you and you want to add to our amazing team and culture, you owe it to yourself to apply today! Also, to prove you’ve read our job description, include a short cover letter that explains why you will successfully complete this mission.