Tesla is searching for a passionate Senior Data Platform Engineer to join our highly innovative Database Engineering team.
You will use your expertise in multiple database technologies to run our database fleet.
In this highly paced and dynamic role you will work on all the major open source db platforms (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch) and the 2 most widespread commercial db platforms (Oracle and MS SQL Server). You need to be an expert in MySQL and one other major DB technology. You will eventually be great at all of them.
You will work with both on-premises and cloud technologies. As a Senior member of the team you will identify opportunities for Automation, Monitoring and Alerting. As a Senior member of the team you will manage and execute complex data platform projects. As a Senior member of the team you will help improve the security posture of our fleet. A You will have the opportunity to code and write documentation if that's your thing.
- Implement highly available and scalable database instances across multiple data centers using different technologies like MySQL, Kafka, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, MS SQL and many other platforms.
- Work with engineering teams to design optimized schemas to ensure data consistency and reliability.
- Be on-call.
- Work on backups and durability.
- Perform Database installations, upgrades, capacity planning, migrations.
- Author new automation tools.
- Do research on reducing our resource consumption footprint.
- Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to database technical problems under high pressure.
- Manage and execute complex data platform projects.
- Improve the security posture of our fleet.
- Manage database configurations and access using the Software Development Life Cycle
- Expert MySQL database administration skills.
- Expert in Oracle, MS SQL, or Postgres.
- Knowledge of other technologies like Postgres, MS SQL, MongoDB, Oracle.
- Able to write and understand SQL, including complex joins and aggregations.
- Expert in setting up replication, backups, monitoring, Database tuning and SQL tuning.
- Strong troubleshooting and proactive analytical skills.
- Strong Shell and SQL scripting.
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Proven ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Most projects you build will be seen / used.
- Your work will have a direct impact on Tesla's production systems.
- Exposure to 8 major db technologies.
- You can volunteer to deliver cars at the end of every quarter.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.