The Manager of Content Insights is responsible for business intelligence and data science initiatives at Starz pertaining to Starz content (including original series, licensed series, theatrical titles, and others) and the viewing of that content by Starz subscribers. This role will serve as a change agent in the company – transforming the way the company understands our customers, including how subscribers consume our content and how that content provides value to the business.
The Manager of Content Insights will be highly collaborative and work within the Insights & Analytics team and cross-functionally with key stakeholders across various departments, including content, product, distribution, PR, and marketing. This role involves a high degree of technical skill, but also requires clear communication with non-technical colleagues and oversight of one or more analysts and/or senior analysts.
The Manager of Content Insights & Analytics must also be able to accept business questions from stakeholders and determine the correct data analytical approach to address the question. While analysis, charts, and data points will generally be integral in responses to business questions, insights and recommendations as part of a coherent narrative are essential.
- Serve as a content and content consumption subject-matter expert (SME) to be a resource to key stakeholders throughout the company
- Work closely with data engineering to ensure integrity and accuracy of relevant data tables
- Develop database tables of merged and aggregated data to use for reporting and analysis
- Build multi-dimensional cross platform performance reports/dashboards for company and competitor content
- Construct methodologies and metrics for understanding content’s value to business
- Apply advanced analytics and/or machine learning to create data products such as segmentations or predictive models
- Work closely with other members of Insights & Analytics team to join data sources across verticals to create a holistic understanding of customer and how they interact with our products
- Supervise analyst that will support content analytics and insights efforts
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, data visualization, and data analysis
- Experience in media industry, particularly an SVOD or OTT platform
- Ability to operate independently, identify strategic goals to support the company’s business needs, and manage a team effectively
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) for working with technical colleagues, non-technical colleagues, and senior executives
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong database skills such as advanced SQL, Snowflake, and AWS (S3, Sagemaker)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and machine learning concepts; knowledge of R, Python, or other data science environments a plus
- Familiarity with third-party data and tools such as Nielsen, comScore, or MRI
- Proven experience in measurement and valuation methodologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to adapt to shifting priorities/multiple projects
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant technical field such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Economics