The Taunton Press, a multi-media publisher, is looking for a professional who is driven to understand the quantitative levers that mean success for our business. We seek a Data Scientist/Analyst who will support our product, marketing, sales, and leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing our product and customer data. The ideal candidate is skilled at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
This individual must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The ideal candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. This position requires a person who has a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
The successful candidate must be able to speak the language of business, working collaboratively with the marketing, sales and leadership teams and offering creative solutions to quantitative problems as we define and deliver on KPIs.
The analyst will be able to model success for different revenue streams, perform multivariate testing of multiple hypotheses and explain conclusions clearly.
Experience working in and supporting a digital subscription management business is desired.
This position will be primarily remote until October 2021 with the possibility of a hybrid schedule thereafter.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Heap, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - communicates clearly and credibly to colleagues and to senior management
- Must function with a high degree of autonomy, be able to work independently and stay cool under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently while staying highly organized
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.