Novamera is looking for:
A self-driven senior software engineer looking to be challenged by delivering software solutions and cloud technologies to the team. An individual who is looking to join and grow with a start-up company delivering innovation and disruptive technology to the underground and mining community. Someone who is not afraid to bring to life concepts and resolve challenges through innovative design.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Define the architecture for our product to optimize for changeability
- Developing 3D navigation software based on novel complex sensor arrays and steering parameters
- Designing and maintaining APIs (fastapi)
- Creating and managing ETL pipelines to cloud storage providers (postgres, digital ocean)
- Managing Machine Learning models (sklearn)
- Managing internal code review and pull request process
- Maintaining all appropriate documentation, including development documentation for all works
- Working collaboratively, mechanical, and hardware disciplines
- Writing, reviewing and executing test plans;
- Collaborating with Hardware and controls Engineering to attain optimal product performance;
- Writing and reviewing technical specifications; and
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior team members.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Masters Preferred) specializing in Data Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 of experience with software engineering, data science or data engineering.
- Experience in Python development
- Experience in cloud-based technologies, software platforms and database structures.
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- DevOps experience
- A constant stream of new challenges and a team of exceptionally collaborative and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to leadership and management and;
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through leadership opportunities. And mentors helping both sides of the equation.