In this role you will be responsible for building the next-generation libraries, platforms and data pipelines. You will develop data engineering assets and entities to empower self-serve of data products. You will work closely with multi-functional teams such as Sales, Delivery, finance, product engineering teams, understand their processes and analytic needs and provide insights
The Data Engineering Team primarily focuses on the Integration of the enterprise data and are now stepping into the big-data processing needs for Tesla. We are developing a platform that can accomplish any task with an intuitive, simple to use user interface, and easy deployment to production.
- 5 years of professional experience with Big Data systems, pipelines, data processing and reporting
- 3+ years programming experience, preferably in Java or Scala
- Deep expertise in Data Principles, Data Architecture & Data Modeling
- Practical hands-on experience with technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Flink and Apache Hudi
- Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Spark Streaming, Kafka Streaming, K-SQL , Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce
- Expert level experience in writing sophisticated analytical queries on Bigdata using SQL, Hive
- Understanding on various distributed file formats such as Apache AVRO, Apache Parquet and common methods in data transformation
- Ability to understand API Specs, identify relevant API calls, extract/transform data and implement SQL friendly data structures
- Knowledge on basic computer science algorithms, data structures and distributed algorithms to process and mine data
- Proven understanding of source control software (SVN or Git)
- Good debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools is a plus
- Build optimized data model for faster access of data in the Bigdata world
- Build data engineering assets using Scala, Spark, Hive and other big data SQL technologies
- Operationalize the data engineering workflows
- Prepare data for visualization, ad-hoc exploration, reporting, and further analysis
Education & Experience
- BA/BS/BE in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Ops Research etc.)
- Masters or PhD in Statistics/Mathematics is a plus
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.