Are you interested in the emerging field of data analytics? Looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor to develop and implement an enterprise data model for a large corporation? Come join our team as a Data Analyst in our Building Materials Distribution business.
As a member of our planning team, you will act as a primary liaison between business subject matter experts, business IT professionals, and our corporate data integration team to build data content, standards, and measures for the company's enterprise data warehouse and data model.
In this role, you'll be actively engaged in all aspects of the data life cycle: data cleansing, data validation, master data management, data dictionary, beta testing and use case identification. As the enterprise model develops, you'll begin to analyze data and use your analysis skills and data analysis techniques to help others visualize and draw business conclusions related to: improving customer service, warehouse productivity, optimizing delivery routes, and much more.
This is an amazing opportunity to get into the early stages of this company-wide strategic initiative, and more importantly, build a long-term career with a great company. Interested? We invite you apply.
About the Company:
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States.
Because our business is built on relationships, our associates are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety, with many benefits beginning on your first day of employment. We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
- We care about your Health, Well-Being, and Future:
- Medical + Prescription, Dental + Vision
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Preventive Care
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance, 401(k)/Roth Retirement Plan Options with Employer Contributions
- Tuition Assistance, Employee Assistance Program
- We offer paid Time Away from Work:
- 8 Holidays, Personal/Vacations Days
- Disability Benefits, Parental Leave
- We Appreciate you:
- Competitive Base and Incentive Pay for all positions
- Service Recognition Program
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
- Act as primary liaison between the business and corporate data integration team to create, develop, and implement the enterprise data model.
- Coordinate all enterprise data model activities between business unit contacts and key members of digital strategy initiative.
- Actively engage and participate in all steps of the data life cycle - data cleansing, data validation, master data management, data dictionary, beta testing and use case identification.
- Become a knowledge expert in all aspects of the enterprise data model, the application of PowerBI and other analytic tools and techniques.
- Analyze data, perform data analysis, and develop business applications that translate data analysis results into actionable strategies to improve the business.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree required in related field.
- Minimum of three years' experience in data development, analysis, and application (business experience preferred).
- Must have exposure to various ERP technologies and platforms, data migration applications, data cleansing approaches, and data analysis techniques.
- In addition to these technical qualifications, qualified applicants must also be problem spotters and solvers, critical thinkers, and have an appetite for learning and thriving in a dynamic work environment.
- Must demonstrate strong listening and communication skills - oral and written.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office365's suite of products.
- Experience with report writing skills and/or coding experience with DAX, R, Qlik, Tableau or other similar data analytic tools is a plus.
- Direct experience in all aspects of managing the data life cycle, an increasing proficiency in the use of Microsoft PowerBI or similar analytic tools, and a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to grow, a personal commitment to self-learning and self-development, and the ability to adapt with team members in rapidly changing environment.
- Building Partnerships
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Orientation
- Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Work Standards
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace environment as a way of living our core value of respect where we cultivate a climate of mutual respect, camaraderie, and teamwork. We welcome diverse backgrounds, views, and skills because we believe it results in stronger teams, inspired solutions, and greater agility as an organization.