The role of the Head of Analytics & Insights/Data Scientist, will be to help us unlock the key insights that will drive our business decisions - not only through analysis coming from the team, but also through the enablement of the right data and clear insights for leaders across the marketing and commercial organizations.
Analytics & Insights
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover future growth opportunities and business strategies.
- Manage the process to uncover insights in business operations seeking to increase insight clarity, as well as efficiency in the process of data management
- Lead our community member analytics supporting the definition of KPIs and targets, and using audience and segmentation strategies to increase our acquisition effectiveness (highest LTV) and foster brand-loyalty
- In Partnership with the Head of Growth, direct the performance marketing analytics strategy - developing targets and uncovering key insights, and determining business and data requirements for omni-infrastructure
- Lead the reporting and analysis of eCommerce performance metrics and support the Head of eCommerce in strategic planning and setting targets, measurement of new features, business performance insights, and leadership for testing, consumer connects, and A/B tests
- Partner with marketing and channel leads to measure reach effectiveness through the funnel - from brand awareness, impressions, followers, channel traffic, and support clear identification of return on investment
- Analyze market trends, research, and opportunities; monitor competitor marketing outcomes
- Identify key external trends and performance indicators (e.g., SEO, research) to support the strategic direction for marketing and wider leadership including brand and product
- Support the development of performance models for new business development, collaborations, and channel expansions
- Integrate qualitative feedback into analysis in partnership with VOC, UX, Stores, Surveys and more
Data & Reporting
- Partner with IT to represent the business in the development of key performance marketing and customer data and reporting infrastructure to develop a 360 view of our consumer
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
- Partner with cross-functional leadership (marketing-led) to identify key data challenges and determine technical and process solutions
- Ensure accuracy and accessibility of data, with clear data-definitions for cross-functional leaders
Process & Team Management
- Develop a team of data analysts that help inform the future business strategies.
- Build on key reporting frameworks, cadences and process for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Identify key tools, platforms and training required to ensure that marketing and commercial leaders can uncover key insights for their business and manage their performance
- Develop data visualization tools for teams to support presentation of insights, and support the preparation of communication on business results and strategic direction for executive and management teams.
- Ensure accuracy of data and on-time delivery of deliverables
- Support teams with management of data intake process, and clear prioritization framework
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within the organization to support an insights-driven approach
- Bachelor's degree in business, consumer behavior, market research or quantitative discipline
- 15+ years of experience in marketing, market research, and customer strategy
- Experience in utilizing new digital techniques and methodologies to understand changing consumers including social listening, digital testing, building a customer panel
- Experience includes complex, strategic research projects and using innovative methodologies
- Experience with multivariate statistics, predictive modeling, regression models
- Experience in media measurement and creative testing
- Experience with managing and executing within the perimeters of a budget
- Skilled at influencing, generating consensus and negotiating at the executive level
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborator, with a track record of building cross-functional relationships and alignment to strategic creative approach