We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of data analysis experience to become a Data Analyst in our Analytics and Optimization Area.
When you come work with us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is meaningful. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA. Environmental groups such as Oceana, and cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History.
- Day-to-day, we’re using data to answer the fundamental questions and tackle the fundamental challenges our clients face.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work with account teams to produce reports and analyses such as: return on investment analyses, retention analyses, testing analyses and other campaign reporting.
- Develop custom reporting dashboards (reporting, social, news, ads, etc), including managing data collection processes and procedures.
- Assist with our annual Benchmarks report, collecting, analyzing and proofing data.
- Train and support new staff in the basics of reporting and analysis and provide ad hoc support in Excel, Google Sheets and other products.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 3-5 years of work experience in data analysis, with at least 2 years of experience in marketing, advertising, or eCommerce, including familiarity with testing.
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing data in both Excel and SQL.
- Proven ability to break down complex data problems into smart, logical processes.
- Ability to identify and gather all requirements at the outset of a project.
- Ability to annotate data deliverables and communicate your thinking and processes to others.
Skills and experiences we expect of all M+R employees:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job, including learning new technologies.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution.
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- Understanding of how your words and actions affect others.
- Kindness and consideration for others.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
- Passion for the role that your work plays in creating change in the world.
- Drive to work collaboratively - soliciting ideas, seeing each other's perspectives, and always doing what you say you will do.
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that seeking and receiving feedback is part of the learning process.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience with R, Google Analytics, Tableau.
- Experience designing and evaluating A/B tests.
- Prior experience with non-profits or political/issue campaigns.
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
This is an exempt, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The salary for this position starts at $66,000 with eligibility for an approximate $4,900 year-end bonus depending on start date and firmwide performance. As part of M+R’s commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy. Salary negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. Successful staff at M+R have regular opportunities for promotion with accompanying increases in compensation. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Regular brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of benefits depending on which office you’re in (once we're back open!). Free lunch once a week. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap. Records and record players.
- While our physical offices are closed, we offer reimbursements for cell phones and internet, plus a small monthly working from home stipend to make your work-at-home life a bit more comfortable.
The fine print:
Due to COVID, our offices will remain closed through Labor Day (September 6, 2021), and all staff will have the option to continue working from home through December 31, 2021. Our primary concern is the care and health of our employees, and we want to ensure our staff feel ready to return to the office. This position is not a permanent remote role and starting January 2022, will be located in any one of the following offices full-time:
- 1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
- 11 Park Place, New York, NY
- 262 Washington St, Boston, MA
- 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
- 1275 East 6th St, Los Angeles, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We work exclusively with nonprofits fighting for a just and sustainable world.
$66,000 with eligibility for an approximate $4,900 year-end bonus.