Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
- Design and develop a robust cloud-based business intelligence architecture, leveraging Azure cloud database, ETL, Analysis and Presentation services.
- Create and maintain cross functional data models to enable creation of multi-dimensional data structures from multiple sources of data.
- Create and maintain intuitive, simple, and meaningful reports, dashboards, and certified datasets by creating SQL queries from Oracle, SQL Server, and other relational or static data sources.
- Demonstrate where data collection, measurement and analysis can be valuable in informing strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and planning.
- Provide meaningful metrics and data to assist departments and programs in preparing financial and operational insight into their functions and creating the platform for continual process improvement.
- Leverage the latest innovative practices and technology available in business analytics to accelerate Virgin Galactic’s development.
- Develop logic-based notification tools aimed at catching and flagging erroneous transactions within our ERP system.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Support software testing as required with any financial interfaces.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
What you bring
- Extensive experience with data modeling techniques (star, vault) and tools such as Oracle Data Modeler.
- Experience designing and developing ETL/ELT services using SQL SSIS and Azure Data Factory, or similar cloud-based capabilities across multiple diverse data sources and database types.
- Experience designing and developing analysis cubes using SQL SSAS and Azure Analysis Services.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake development would be advantageous.
- Experience with cloud-based presentation services, including Power BI (preferred), and on premise services (eg Crystal Reports.)
- Ability to create and maintain SQL Views, Stored Procedures, and Automated tasks.
- 5+ years of relevant SQL programming, Data Warehouse development, and dashboard development.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot queries for MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL Databases.
- Strong experience and understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for manufacturing and financial management required – Oracle EBS, Oracle Agile PDM is a plus.
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining including an in-depth understanding of Relational database design.
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access, and VBA coding is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Manage projects with minimal supervision. Proactively addresses actions and issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.