The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) ETL Developer is a member of the IT Donor Systems team responsible for day-to-day development, enhancement, and support of bi-directional data integrations between various donor systems, primarily the integration between DMI and Salesforce, including all processes, and interfaces, as well as ensuring adherence to business rules and data policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, test, implement, maintain, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
- Ensure that the data architecture is scalable and maintainable.
- Work with the business in designing and delivering correct, high quality data.
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions.
- Consult with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of data storage needs.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Fully document ETL data mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs, and solutions as per established standards for data governance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience with Jitterbit or similar ETL software.
- Experience with various data formats, including XML/SOAP, JSON, and CSV.
- Experience with multiple data connections, including ODBC, web services, APIs, and WSDLs.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of database and warehousing architecture techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of data modeling principles.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyze big-picture data needs.
- Clear communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- High energy level. Self- starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of work experience in information technology or engineering environments.
- Three years of experience as an ETL Developer.
- Two years of experience using Jitterbit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Up to 10% travel.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 20 pounds.