Under the guidance of the Executive Director of the Office of Accountability, this position is responsible for the design and development of dataset preparation, reporting, and decision support analytics. This position will capture requirements, design, create, manage, and fulfill requests for Accountability/institutional compliance needs, Accountability campus reports, dashboards, and scorecards via report writing tools including SAS, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, and other software tools. This position will work in the Office of Accountability and will collaborate with Information Technology on data access and architecture needs to ensure that information is accessed and managed in a common way.
1. Plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks and functions in a timely manner, prior to all deadlines.
2. Prepare data visualizations of university data (strategic dashboards, scorecards, and complex reports) based on goals, priorities and key performance indicators. This includes using SAS and other reporting/data visualization tools (example: Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos and other software) for reporting needs.
3. Focus on compliance and information reports for the campus and governing bodies like SACSCOC, the Texas Tech University System, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, IPEDS, etc.
4. Strong general programming skills to provide data needed to support institutional decision-making. Provide strategic information analysis and decision support by identifying gaps and outliers in data as projects are being created, updated, or analyzed.
5. Proactively identify data issues, propose solutions, and respond to requests to address data quality and analysis concerns.
6. Work closely with Accountability leadership to develop and implement protocols, processes, and timelines for data collection, data review and correction, and preparation of datasets. Manage access/protocols to the Accountability reporting environment to ensure that key stakeholders have appropriate/need-to-know access to data.
7. Ensure access to sensitive information is adequately protected and only given to individuals with appropriate approvals, including an institutional justification with a ‘need to know’ approach. Coordinate with Information Technology to ensure access methods align with campus requirements.
8. Leverage multiple database resources appropriately to ensure consistent data management methods are followed. Work closely with Information Technology to collaborate and align data management procedures ensuring data is used in a manner consistent with its meaning and following agreed-upon campus reporting naming conventions and processes when creating and managing reports/dashboards. Address reporting issues as they arise and help to maintain Accountability infrastructure.
9. Maintains consistent and accurate communication with the Executive Director and Accountability Office as well as constituencies.
10. Assists the Executive Director in monitoring changes, in a timely manner, and adhering to institutional, state, and/or federal rules and regulations.
11. Prepares correspondence and other written documentation ensuring timelines and milestones are met.
12. Participates in training activities and meetings as required or needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires prolonged period of sitting, occasional walking, and intermittent bending and standing; medium level of manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 25-50 lbs.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office.