As a Data Analyst on Tesla’s logistics team, you will be responsible for accessing, modeling, and visualizing data as a thought partner to the logistics team.
- Experience or capacity to build models, query data across multiple SQL databases, and conduct rigorous quantitative analysis.
- Generate data visualizations based on requirements from different stakeholders, including operations, finance, and other non-logistics business units.
- Work closely with operations team members to define, measure, and track key performance indicators, measuring operational performance and outcomes.
- Conduct research and data collection as part of ad hoc analysis requests, enabling business and operations units to conduct data-driven root cause analysis.
- Analyze key drivers of logistics performance and identify prioritized actions for reducing vehicle dwell time, optimizing lane transit time, and minimizing vehicle re-routings and exceptions.
- Work closely with third party logistics providers to quantify milestones and goals and develop reporting triggers based on partner performance.
- Determine optimal benchmarks to enable operations decision-making: for example, when to send low-density shipments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, supply chain, data science, or mathematics; or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years’ experience working with business systems, data analytics, or robust quantitative analysis.
- Exceptional analytical skills in logistics, data visualization, and the ability to derive important information from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with technical team members is essential.
- Experience or capacity to build data models, query data sources, clean data, and synthesize analysis in clear language, accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw logical and coherent conclusions.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.