At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Working under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Infrastructure Services, the Director, Cloud and Systems Services is an integral part of the IT leadership team and a key participant in all aspects of planning and management of infrastructure strategies. The incumbent manages cloud and on-premises based Unix and Windows systems, storage services (SAN and NAS), database & systems services, email (Office 365/Gmail) and virtual application and desktop infrastructure and is responsible for participating in the overall IT strategic planning; development of relevant processes, procedures, and documents; managing the change management review process; decision making; and representing IT at campus-level meetings pertinent to Infrastructure Services.
- As a member of the Leadership team within the Division of Information Technology, actively participates in envisioning strategic IT direction, goals and priorities; makes effective and efficient use of resources; sets high, achievable aspirations for services and operations that align with university goals and objectives.
- Develops, proposes, and manages the annual operating budget and long-range financial plans for cloud, systems, storage and database technology that accommodate a shift to a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Develops, proposes and oversees strategies to blend cloud and on-premises infrastructure consistent with IT strategies and University policy.
- Leads cloud vendor relation efforts; participates in the selection of cloud vendors and the development of methodologies to manage their performance.
- Mentors and advices staff to facilitate the development of the skills required to support current and future technologies and to adapt to a hybrid cloud/on-premises based strategy.
- Develop Infrastructure automation in the environment including IAC, CI/CD pipelines, and automated configuration management. Deliver technical architecture design and review using Well-Architected Framework Design efficient, secure, adaptable, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
- Perform application portfolio analysis to identify candidate applications and workloads for migration to cloud. Develop architectural patterns, standards and reference architecture for cloud and on-premise services.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description, including all of the required qualifications, click the "Apply Now" button on this page.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to six (6) years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience required; with three (3) of the six (6) overseeing one or more aspects of technology infrastructure services.
- Experience deploying and managing platform or infrastructure as a service solutions including Amazon Web Services or Azure. Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, MySQL, and SQL concepts.
- Experience with ITIL based processes (incident, change, problem, root cause analysis). Experience maintaining or leading teams responsible for windows or UNIX server environments. Led or made significant contribution to planning and managing the transition to cloud-based infrastructure preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast pace environment managing multiple projects and operational issues. Ability to make and implement exemplary applications of information technology to support data center, systems and storage services.
- Ability to: lead or made significant contribution to planning and managing the transition to cloud-based infrastructure; lead or make significant contributions to selecting cloud vendors and managing relationships with cloud providers. Knowledge of cloud automation tools, micro-services, containers, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS and core cloud concepts; and the tools and methods that enable an organization to provide a scalable and secure infrastructure with the capability to provision on-demand access to a blend of cloud and on-premises based resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community. Strong project management skills with the ability to ensure completion of department initiatives and recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications and general methods of network operations and security. Ability to apply effective leadership skills to direct multi-department technical staff. Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Routine contact is required with IT Leads and members of the IT Leadership team. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with problem root cause analysis. Ability to envision and implement exemplary applications of information technology to support systems, database and storage services.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: http://www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through November 29, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.