About Turner / Our Story
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – E LEAGUE.
See more of what we are about at http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Operations Research Analyst / Data Scientist will be responsible for providing research, modeling, analysis and guidance using Operations Research and Data Science techniques to develop business solutions that effectively support the business model. Solutions typically involve formulating, designing and developing decision support models, proofs-of-concept, and prototypes to solve complex business problems or processes.
Individuals engage directly with functional area to research, identify, and seek out information, facts, and data; perform business case analysis, root-cause analysis, and troubleshoot problems using Operations Research and Data Science techniques to find solutions. They conduct and promote a scientific, inquisitive, and innovative approach to business decision problems and technical solutions. Provide specialized and focused matrix support to application development teams in the design and validation of decision support components in production systems.
What will you be doing?
- Works on a number of projects as a member of the project team and/or as an individual contributor
- Participates in project planning sessions to gather user requirements
- Assists or leads the development of benefit/cost analysis
- Assists or leads the formulation of mathematical models, calibration and validation
- Analyzes and designs viable solutions for the business problems according to user specifications and assists in developing detailed application and program specifications
- Complies with project methodology requirements
- Works with team to validate and test models to ensure adequacy. Participates in system and acceptance testing
- Discusses findings with project lead and business to evaluate validity of findings
- Assists in the preparation of time estimates for project schedule
- Troubleshoots production problems within area of expertise
- Utilizes and stays current in programming languages and software technology
What do we need from you?
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Typically requires 0-5 years of relevant experience applying operations research techniques
- Requires experience and understanding of software development practice, concepts and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Basic knowledge of a programming language.
- Understands basic concepts of Operations Research and Data Science i.e., optimization, nonlinear programming, estimation theory, statistics, simulation, choice modeling, etc.
- Programming skills in tools/software such as R, MATLAB, CPLEX, SAS, SQL, etc.
- Position level (Associate, Analyst, or Senior) depends on education and experience
- Salary commensurate with level and experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.