This role utilizes extensive hands-on experience in designing, building, and supporting resilient cutting-edge technology in our cloud-based network infrastructure and site-based networks, including SDWAN, Express Route, and network security architectures. Position involves operational response to production issues and driving them to resolution. This individual works closely with and provides support to Global IT team members and their clients. Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and others throughout the organization and able to thrive in the ever-changing work environment.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the design and development process from definition to deployment.
- Plan, Architect, Deploy and Manage our cloud and site-based network architecture
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Work with local/remote teams to support the delivery, deployment, and operation of services.
- Automate / Develop / enhance Azure cloud-based operations.
- Proactive development of monitoring solutions for network environment
- Proactive identification and reactive troubleshooting of issues that arise with the network and escalate to to manage service providers or other 3rd party vendor support when necessary.
- Ensures that security standards, practices, and policies are incorporated into all network architecture.
- Needs to be highly available and on-call for production outages.
- Perform active monitoring of relevant services
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall service performance, stability, and availability.
- MUST HAVE or WORKING TOWARDS: Azure Solutions Architect certification and “hands-on” experience and solid understanding of the Azure hub-and-spoke model
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying business requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define/explain design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- 3+ years of proven work experience of Design, Deploy and manage enterprise class public cloud connectivity solutions leveraging Azure cloud network services
- Azure-specific skills (Networking: VNet, VPN, ExpressRoute, WVD Direct Route, etc.) and (Security: Azure Firewalls, NSG, WAF, etc.)
- Familiarity with Github and understanding of the GitOps model.
- 5+ years of strong enterprise networking with Routing/Switching configuration/diagnostic experience in Global Network infrastructure design delivery of WAN, LAN, and Firewall – Preference given for Arista-based experience
- Experience with Azure monitoring and alerting services such as Azure Portal, Monitor, Resource Health, Event Hubs, etc...
- Ability to document and conduct knowledge transfer to internal staff
- Solid project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Experience with standard change management and configuration policies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent fields in IT or equivalent experience
- Occasional global travel required supporting corporate offices.
- Occasional weekend maintenance
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.